Novak X-Drive has arrived in a major way, and is taking the racing world by storm! This new technology has now been added to the tried-and-true GTB 2 platform, and is here to stay.
Novak's original GTB, and its successor the GTB 2, have been staples at race tracks all over the world. The GTB 2 platform offers the perfect ESC for almost any class of racing from local Sportsman club racing, to Pro Modified 4X4 Short Course, to any form of on-road racing. The GTB 2 excels in the non-ramping /non-timing Spec Classes and can easily handle the demands of modified 540 and 550-sized motors. It has no built-in timing or motor-ramping features so there is no need to worry about firmware versions, lights or blinks. The GTB 2 is Spec Legal!
The GTB 2 w/X-Drive has everything you need. If you want to fine-tune the feel and response of the ESC, there are 9 on-board adjustments using the One-Touch button. There is no complicated PC programming or use of external programming devices. The GTB 2X w/X-Drive also features NovaBrakes. This revolutionary braking system provides instantaneous and unbelievably smooth brake response for every application. In addition to thermal protection, the GTB 2 w/X-Drive has on-board temperature monitoring circuitry. Racers can check their ESC's temperature during or after each run.
GTB 2 Racing Spec Check:
- Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
- Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
- Input Cells: 1*-2S LiPo/LiFe or 4-6 NiMH
- Footprint 29.5 x 37.3 mm
- Height: 24.6mm
- Weight (w/o wires) 1.29 oz (36.6 g)
- On-Resistance: 0.00040 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
- Motor Compatibility: 540-Size: 3.5-turn or higher sensored; 550-Size: 4.5-turn or higher sensored
- BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
- Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
- Status LEDs: 5 multi-colored
GTB 2 Racing Features:
- Designed specifically for all forms of 1/10th scale racing
- Sensor-based ESC for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Nine adjustable parameters to maximum performance on the track: Minimum Brake (10 settings), Drag Brake (10 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Frequency (10 settings), Brake End-Point (10 settings), and Drive Frequency (10 settings). Interface also features Reverse Disable and Motor Rotation
- Novak X-Drive provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- NovaBrakes provide instantaneous braking under any condition
- Novak's One-Touch Set-Up for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Robust, 3-amp, true-spec BEC for strong and fast steering response under any condition
- Designed to meet ROAR Sportsman Class Racing specifications
- Highly water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Cross-cut ESC heat sink for reduced weight and efficient cooling
- Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
- Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options